- Painful muscle spasms or stiffness which make moving your head difficult.
- Sore neck muscles which can hurt when touched, be knotted, ache on one side only, or create pain up the middle of the back or your neck.
- Radiating pain down your arms or legs. Can feel like tingling, numbness or burning.
- Dull throbbing back-of-the-head headaches. Sometimes, they can be located at the front or sides of your head.
Neck pain can be caused by:
- Physical and emotional stress
- Posture issues – think about sitting, sleeping, or working for prolonged periods without much movement. Have you ever fallen asleep in a car or on a sofa and woke up with a “pain in the neck”?
- Car accidents, falls, and sports injuries. Often whiplash can be the result of car accident.
- Upper back strains, stresses, and other issues
- Pinched nerves
- Herniated disks
Of course, there are numerous other reasons for neck pain.
Whatever reasons exist, you should get a proper diagnosis. You can start by contacting us and scheduling an appointment today.